Back to the Know Agro-Know series after a short break! Getting back from our summer vacations and settling back to the office, this time we are interviewing Katerina Galani, the most recent addition to the AK Project Management team. Katerina went through the same interviewing process with the rest of the team members and the response we got from her can be found right below!
1. You are one of the latest (if not the latest!) persons to join the AK team. Would you like to share some info on how you found us and what drew your attention in the AK job opening ?
Truth is I first heard about you from my good friends at Impact Hub Athens. They pointed out about a year ago that we could collaborate on a project we were discussing back then. Data geek as I am, I really liked the work I saw in your social channels and especially in the AK wiki. I kept up with your work frequently and when I saw the job opening I decided it was about time I met “those guys” in person.
2. What is your educational background and which is your current role in the AK team?
I started off as a graduate of Communication and Media studies. My interests led me to further specialize in preservation and presentation of moving image. But that was quite a long time ago… I am now a proud member of the project management team of Agro-Know J
3. What do you find interesting in your work with AK so far? Do you see any challenges in your daily routine at the office?
I am still a very “fresh” member of the team, so for the time being I try to absorb as much information as I can. It is very interesting to try and fit the very different mentality I bring with me from cultural management to IT project management. And that is a challenge.
4. Thanks to your studies you have a good overview of social media; what would be your advise to the guy working with the AK social media channels?
The guy does a great job. Original informative content, not commercial or self-involving. Keep up spreading the word on great open / green / agri initiatives. With a better circulation of information, AK can evolve into “the place to be” in order to keep up with the field. (
(note from Vassilis: Thanks for your kind words; really appreciated! )
5. What are your hobbies / How do you spend your free time?
I enjoy reading whatever might catch my attention as interesting (and I read detective novels like a maniac). I cook a lot and from time to time I struggle with technology and join beginners’ workshops in order to understand what coding is.
6. Where can we find you online?
7. Favorite kind of music?
Depending on the time and mood I can go from classical music to electro/ dance.
8. Which was the last book you read / movie you watched?
9. What was the last gadget you bought and why you bought it?
The last gadget I bought… a garlic squeezer.
We would like to thank Katerina for taking the time to provide us with her responses and to wish her all the best in her new career opportunity in Agro-Know!