This time we have the pleasure to interview Panagis Katsivelis, out usability expert and also one of the latest members of the Agro-Know team. Panagis has a unique role in the team; the one of the usability expert (among others), a role that I personally consider really important for shaping the Agro-Know products and solutions. Let’s see what Panagis has to share with us in the short interview provided right below!
1. You are one of the latest (if not the latest!) persons to join the AK team. Would you like to share some info on how you found us and what drew your attention in the AK job opening?
Well, I have known Agro-Know for quite some time. In fact, I participated in some of the company’s events, such as the 2012 Athens Green Hackathon and the 2013 Athens Green City Hackathon, which were two very special experiences and -not to brag much 😛 – got me two awards.
So, at some point I joined the army and a little while before my service ended, I came in touch with Giannis Stoitsis, heard there’s a new position, came in for an interview and the rest is history. 🙂
2. What is your educational background and which is your current role in the AK team?
I hold a MSc Degree in Information Systems from the Athens University of Economics and Business. I currently work as a Front-End Engineer in AK, mainly focusing on building Agro-Know’s Discovery Services. But since I enjoy NOT minding my own business, I often meddle with the whole stack of our solutions to satisfy my inner nerd-voices and develop my skills as much as I can.
3. What do you find interesting in your work with Agro-Know so far? Do you see any challenges in your daily routine at the office?
Working for AK is a process that requires constant development, both in skills and at a personal level. So, I couldn’t really reflect on my experience as a daily office routine. I would call it a daily race to improve by learning new exciting technologies and tools, meeting new interesting people around the world, trying to focus on needs and not just requirements, giving and taking within a very warm and fun team.
4. How do you see your experience on UX/UI applied in the Agro-Know products? Are you currently working on something that you can share with us?
Of course! My whole spectrum of knowledge on UX/UI seems to be applicable and this gives me a lot of ideas! As an example, we’re currently working on LandPortal’s Library module and I am asked to build a slick discovery space for land-related resources. Check out this blog post for more.
5. What are your hobbies / How do you spend your free time?
Most of the time I love listening and fiddling with music. I also enjoy a good movie or book here and then, going out with friends, nature excursions and journeys when I have the time.
6. Where can we find you online?
7. Favorite kind of music?
Well, I’m really into black metal and atmospheric music in general, but I swear I’m a good guy after all. 🙂
8. Which was the last book you read / movie you watched?
Uh, I think the latest book I read was Dreams by Carl Jung.
9. What was the last gadget you bought and why you bought it?
10. Anything else to share with us?
We would like to thank Panagis for taking the time to respond to our questions for this interview and wish him all the best for his next steps in Agro-Know! Not only he’s a great guy but he’s also always willing to give a hand whenever needed (including the interface of the blog that you are currently reading!)