The Greek Open Data Day 2015 (#ODD15GR) will take place on Saturday 28/2/2015, at the beautiful premises of the Innovathens, in the heart of Athens, Greece. It is organized by ODI Athens / EEL/LAK, along with several important Greek organizations and initiatives working on open data in Greek (including Agro-Know of course – see our previous post for more info). This half-day event consists of a number of plenary sessions, accompanied by parallel labs/workshops that will focus on different aspects of open data, such as open data in research & education, open data & eGov etc.
Agro-Know has organized and will facilitate a a session on open agri-food data, titled “Open data in the agri-food sector“. The session will consist of the following presentations:
- Introduction, (Giannis Stoitsis, Agro-Know COO)
- Can Open Data Improve the Management of a Farm? (Dr. Spyros Fountas, Ass. Professor, Agricultural University of Athens)
- Collection & Management of Socio-Economic Data in the Agri-Food Sector (Dr. Konstantinos Iliopoulos, Greek Agricultural Organization Dimitra)
- Can Open Data Play an Important Role in What We Produce & Eat? (Pavlos Georgiadis, Co-Funder of We Deliver Taste)
- Can Open Data Help the Monitoring of Cultivations and their Yield? (Thanassis Demiris, DigiGrow)
- Round Table for the Optimal Utilization of Open Data in the Agri-Food Sector (All)
This is a really important event, as it will provide us with the opportunity to meet Greek stakeholders working with open data in the agri-food sector; and we are talking of totally different types of stakeholders, including researchers, academia, entrepreneurs and agri-tech people, both from the public and private sector. We expect that after this initial meeting, more, and more focused, will follow and ways for collaboratively working on common issues will be explored.
You can find more information about the Greek Open Data Day 2015 (which is sponsored by the H2020-funded FREME project, one of the projects that Agro-Know is a proud partner of) at the event’s website, and in case you plan to attend, you should register here.
You should also stay tuned here for more info on the outcomes of this agri-food lab!