The Mediterranean Culture Cuisine Immersion Workshop will provide a unique Experiential Learning for Experience for Food, Nutrition & Health Professionals. The workshop will take place in Crete, Greece between June 15 – 21, 2015.
During the Workshop, the participants will be introduced to the “food as medicine” concept during cooking classes with professional chefs and presentations by health professionals and alternative medicine practitioners. In addition, they will be able to explore the region during private, expert-guided tours of archaeological sites, natural parks/botanical hikes, organic farms, olive oil factories and wineries.
A tentative list of the Workshop’s teachers includes:
- Manolis Avramakis, Botanist, University of Crete, Natural History Museum
- Dr. Vassilis Gkisakis, Agronomist, PhD, Agrobiodiversity
- Dimitris Mavrakis, Chef-Proprietor, Kritamon Restaurant
- Dr. Yiorgos Spanakis, Neurologist, BRAINFITNESS
- Elena Paravantes, RDN, Food & Nutrition Writer, Mediterranean Diet Consultant
This is a Responsible Travel in Action program. Workshop attendees have a rare and beneficial opportunity to discover Crete’s heritage in the company of resident-specialists, while supporting community-run preservation initiatives. If you are interested you should hurry; there are just 20 seats available!
The workshop is organized by:
- Nikki Rose, Founder of Crete’s Culinary Sanctuaries, an award-winning educational network featured in National Geographic, NPR, NYT and Lonely Planet and
- Jacque Tarlton, Focus43 – Curator of Wellness Immersion Tours