October was a busy month, not only for Agro-Know, but also for our colleagues – this was depicted in the number of blog posts that we shared with you; a total of thirteen (13!) posts on what Agro-Know and our friends are doing!
So what were the five coolest things we learned in October?
- There are 5 Vs in Big Data, but what matters in agri-food Big Data is the variety.
- Food Safety is one of the hottest topics nowadays – and we are keeping our eyes on it. Same goes for IBM and Mars.
- The Open Access Week led to a huge number of related activities globally; we had our (small) share in that.
- Agriculture goes open source – under the umbrella of the MIT Media Lab.
- Working with big data is not always meaningful; especially when you miss the context.
Of course we learned (so you learned, too!) many more things but this is supposed to be a Top-5 list, so we had to keep it short!